Dr. Geethalakshmi S. Lakshmikanth, Assistant Professor
"Stay focused, self-driven, and well-paced—and always stay in sync with the class lectures—not hustling only when assignments/exams are due."
- PhD in Electrical Engineering, specializing in Artificial Intelligence, Wichita State University, 2012
- Master of Technology in Industrial Electronics, National Institute of Technology Karnataka, 2004
- BE in Electronics and Communication Engineering, Bangalore University, 2001
- Won the Dora Wallace Hodgson Outstanding Doctoral Student award that is given to only one student (from all schools and departments) at Wichita State University in 2013
- Nominated by students for Wichita State University's Phenomenal Women Award in 2013
- Funded by NASA's Integrated Resilient Adaptive control team from August 2009 to August 2013 for research and development of Single Network Adaptive Control (SNAC) + Nonlinear Dynamic Inversion (NDI), hybrid architecture to optimally control nonlinear systems
- Won the Government of India's Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) scholarship to pursue a master's degree at one of the best universities in India
Links to share?
In which online degree program do you teach?
Which classes do you teach online?
- IS 873: Information Systems for Managerial Decisions
What types of projects can your students expect in these courses?
For IS 873, students will do case studies involving information systems managerial decisions.
What do students learn in your classes? What is the expected outcome?
For IS 873, we’ll study the importance of managerial decisions in the area of information systems.
What advice would you give to those considering this online MBA program?
Stay focused, self-driven, and well-paced—and always stay in sync with the class lectures—not just hustling only when assignments/exams are due.
What is the value of this degree?
It creates a global, educated individual with strong foundations who is prepared for the constantly changing world of business dynamics.
Why did you start teaching?
I enjoy interacting with young, energetic minds, and students’ invaluable gratitude and feedback give me pleasure.
What is the one book you think everyone should read?
“The High Performance Planner” by Brendon Burchard
Tell us something interesting about yourself that your students might not know about you.
My family and I are constantly traveling. We never get bored of packing our bags and getting away. It's very rare that you find us in our home on any >1 day break! We all believe traveling gives you a lot of knowledge that no school can teach and that experiences are more valuable than things.