Dr. Marc Fusaro, Associate Professor
"I teach because I love the discipline of economics and want you to learn to think like an economist also."
- PhD in Economics, Northwestern University, 2004
- BS in Economics and Math, University of Scranton, 1996
- Worked at the Federal Reserve, 1996-98
- Served on the Arkansas Governor's Council on Economic Advisors, 2016
- Created the Arkansas Tech Business Index
In which online degree program do you teach?
Which classes do you teach online?
- BU 773: Basic Economics and Statistics
What types of projects can your students expect in these courses?
Plenty of working with data
What do students learn in your classes? What is the expected outcome?
Students will start to learn the tools of data analysis and to analyze problems like an economist.
What advice would you give to those considering this online MBA program?
Do not expect to be able to do the program only on weekends. We have compressed a 16-week course down into 7 weeks. You cannot expect to compress it further into 6 or 7 weekends.
What is the value of this degree?
You can learn to think like your boss.
Why did you start teaching?
I teach because I love the discipline of economics and want you to learn to think like an economist also.
What is the one book you think everyone should read?
F. A. Hayek's “Road to Serfdom”
Tell us something interesting about yourself that your students might not know about you.
I have visited over 180 national parks.