Dr. Stephen C. Jones, Instructor
"A master's in Business Administration should help the student to look at business operations from a larger perspective, viewing everything holistically."
- PhD, University of North Texas, 1998
- MBA, Missouri State University, 1989
- MA, University of Missouri, 1983
- BS, Pittsburg State University, 1981
- Professor of Management at Arkansas Tech University
- Managed an art gallery, a truck stop, and a testing center
Links to share?
YouTube (boring educational stuff): youtube.com/channel/UCEXhi6OjaLf7bLc0AAgmd9w
LinkedIn (boring professional stuff): linkedin.com/in/stephen-jones-b73626a0/
In which online degree program do you teach?
Which classes do you teach online?
- BU 820: Quantitative Analysis of Business Decisions
What types of projects can your students expect in these courses?
- How Many Pizzas Do You Have to Eat? A Linear Programming Problem
- What Will Your Retirement Portfolio Do? A Forecasting Problem
- Discussions on Forecasting the Flu and Correlation/Causation Confusions
What do students learn in your classes? What is the expected outcome?
- Interpreting data relationships: Learn how to assess what value data has
- Using data to make decisions: Learn how data can reshape the question
- Creating useful data answers: Learn how to demonstrate with data
What advice would you give to those considering this online MBA program?
- Stay on top of your calendar
- Keep in touch with your instructor
- Give each assignment your best
What is the value of this degree?
A master's in Business Administration should help the student to look at business operations from a larger perspective, viewing everything holistically.
What is the one book you think everyone should read?
“Free to Choose” by Milton & Rose Friedman