Dr. Douglass Smith, Instructor
"Any graduate degree is going to show you and others about your desire to succeed."
- PhD, Walden University, 2008
- MBA, Keller Graduate School of Management, 2003
- MPM, Keller Graduate School of Management, 2003
- Traveled to Africa in the early 2000s
- Became an entrepreneur for the third time in 2010
- Started teaching in 2006
- Became a licensed minister in 2010
In which online degree program do you teach?
Which classes do you teach online?
- IS 813: Information Technology Project Management, along with other IS courses
What types of projects can your students expect in these courses?
There are a mix of case studies, group projects, discussions, simulations, and course projects all designed to give students an in-depth look at using project management.
What do students learn in your classes? What is the expected outcome?
Students will learn, most importantly, how to use the content in the course(s) dynamically and to think in multiple dimensions.
What advice would you give to those considering this online MBA program?
Two pieces of advice—first, follow your passion. Secondly, create a habit out of your school life and stick to it.
What is the value of this degree?
Any graduate degree is going to show you and others about your desire to succeed.
Why did you start teaching?
I started teaching quite by accident, but it fits who I am.
What is the one book you think everyone should read?
Tell us something interesting about yourself that your students might not know about you.
I'm a minister, and I own a K9 Obedience/Day Care/Law Enforcement facility.