- Online Programs
- Business Programs
- Technology Programs
- Education Programs
- Master of Science in Educational Administration
- Master of Science in Curriculum & Instruction – Curriculum Leadership PreK-12
- Master of Science in Curriculum & Instruction – Effective Practitioner PreK-12
- Master of Science in Curriculum & Instruction (C&I) – Instructional CoachTeacher Leader PreK-12
- Master of Science in Curriculum & Instruction (C&I) – National Board Certification PreK-12
- Educational Administration Building-Level Licensure
- View All Programs
- Getting Started
- Apply Now
Dr. Jerry Dean Will, Professor
"The programs and classes are solid, valid, and prepare the student for what is needed."
- PhD, Curriculum & Instruction, Kansas State University, 1992
- MS in Building Level Administration, University of Northern Iowa, 1979
- BS in Elementary Education, Dickinson State University, 1973
Dr. Jerry D. Will is now a professor in the Department of School Leadership/Middle and Secondary Education at The Teachers College of ESU after serving as the department chair for 16 years. He joined the faculty of The Teachers College at Emporia State University in June of 1997, with 22 years of experience as an administrator and educator in public education. Dr. Will served as superintendent of schools for twelve years and building principal for six years, all of which were in Kansas. He taught for five years in an open-classroom in Charles City, Iowa and in a self-contained classroom on the Sioux Indian reservation in North Dakota. Dr. Will has served as a guest lecturer, presented a variety of workshops, and been part of a number of superintendent search committees. He has authored and co-authored numerous grants and publications. Finally, Dr. Will is a veteran, having served in the Armed Forces during the Vietnam War.
Which online degree program(s) do you teach?
Which classes do you teach online?
- EA 888: School Systems Management
- ED 865: Advance Theory and Practice in Teaching
What types of projects can your students expect in these courses?
Discussion/reflection activities relating to textbook readings, blogs, and videos. There is a research paper with EA 888 and two short research papers within ED 865.
What do students learn in your classes? What is the expected outcome?
Students will be involved in activities that address course and weekly outcomes and information related to both ED 865 and EA 888.
What advice would you give to those considering this online education program?
The programs and classes are solid, valid, and prepare the student for what is needed.
What is the value of this degree?
Both the Curriculum & Instruction and Building Level Education Administration degrees are relevant and taught by experienced instructors.
Why did you start teaching?
I went into teaching at the public and collegial levels due to my love for working with students/adults.
What is the one book you think everyone should read?
"Teach Like a Champion" by Doug Lemov
Tell us something that your students might find interesting about you.
I own a Class A mobile home and love seeing the sights of our great country in my RV.