- Online Programs
- Business Programs
- Technology Programs
- Education Programs
- Master of Science in Educational Administration
- Master of Science in Curriculum & Instruction – Curriculum Leadership PreK-12
- Master of Science in Curriculum & Instruction – Effective Practitioner PreK-12
- Master of Science in Curriculum & Instruction (C&I) – Instructional CoachTeacher Leader PreK-12
- Master of Science in Curriculum & Instruction (C&I) – National Board Certification PreK-12
- Educational Administration Building-Level Licensure
- View All Programs
- Getting Started
- Apply Now
Dr. Mingchu Neal Luo, Associate Professor
"I love the variety of challenges in teaching."
EdD, University of Nebraska, 2005
Dr. Luo's research interests include data-driven decision-making, principalship, college student persistence, and school climate, which has been documented in 25 publications in the refereed journals. Some of them were published in the top-tier journals such as Educational Administration Quarterly, Evaluation and Program Planning, Journal of Moral Education, and the TESOL Journal. As an award receiver of Excellence for Scholarly Activities of the Teachers College, he has made numerous presentations at the national/international conferences and reviewed research papers for five journals and the American Educational Research Association.
Which online degree program(s) do you teach?
- MS in Educational Administration
- MS in Curriculum & Instruction – Effective Practitioner PreK-12
- MS in Curriculum & Instruction – National Board Certification PreK-12
- MS in Curriculum & Instruction – Curriculum Leadership PreK-12
- MS in Curriculum & Instruction – Instructional Coach/Teacher Leader PreK-12
Which classes do you teach online?
ER 753: Research in Education
What types of projects can your students expect in these courses?
Action research projects
What do students learn in your classes?
- Recognize and identify research methods, principles, generalizations, and theories
- Apply course material to improve thinking, problem solving, and decisions related to consuming educational research products (research articles and reports)
- Analyze and critically evaluate ideas, arguments, and points of view of educational research articles and reports
- Find, evaluate, and use resources to explore a topic in-depth in conducting action research in education
What advice would you give to those considering this online education program?
Manage time wisely and make full use of the resources.
What is the value of this degree?
A degree transforms candidates into professionals.
Why did you start teaching?
I love the variety of challenges in teaching.
What is the one book you think everyone should read?
"Emotional Intelligence" by Daniel Goleman