Dr. Joyce Zhou, Professor of Marketing
"I have a passion for teaching, love my job, and want to make a difference. It is a rewarding career."
- PhD in Marketing and International Business, Saint Louis University, 2009 Career Highlights:
- Associate Professor of marketing in the School of Business at ESU
- Previously taught at Saint Louis University and the University of Missouri–St Louis
- PhD from Saint Louis University
- Numerous publications have appeared in:
- "Journal of Business Research"
- "Journal of Small Business Management"
- "Journal of Consumer Marketing"
- "Journal of International Consumer Marketing"
- "Marketing Intelligence & Planning"
- "Journal of Internet Commerce"
- "Journal of Promotion Management"
- "Journal of Applied Business and Economics"
- "Journal of Marketing Development and Competitiveness"
- "Journal of Management Policies and Practices"
Links to share?
Here are several examples of media mentions of my work.
- Bus tour to focus on development and history of Emporia
- InstaVR Interview
- EDUCAUSE Review: VR
- Women's History Month Reception and Awards Ceremony
- Two from ESU to receive Presidential Award for Diversity
- Career Closet Shopping at ESU
- Center for Student Involvement holds first mentor awards in honor of National Mentor Month
- Venture Alliance benefits students and business owners
- Dynamic Discs offers Emporia State internships
- Business Resource Center opens at ESU
- Students advised on career options
- Business project helps students, community
- Marketing Club does Business After Hours
- Spring festival gala helps ESU international students cope with homesickness
- Spring festival celebrates Chinese New Year
- 2017 ESU Research and Creativity Day (ESU Summer Research grant recipients)
- Center for Student Involvement Awards
- Paying off debts (Community comes together to donate funds for students)
- Sharing culture and language
- International food festival unites cultures
In which online MBA program do you teach?
Which classes do you teach online?
- MK 851: Consumer Behavior
- International Marketing
- Principles of Marketing
- Services Marketing—and more
What types of projects can your students expect in these courses?
Experiential learning projects
What advice would you give to those considering this online MBA program?
Work hard; try your best; reach your potential.
Why did you start teaching?
I have a passion for teaching, love my job, and want to make a difference. It is a rewarding career.