New trends in marketing are emerging rapidly thanks to advances in technology. A master’s degree in business and marketing, like Emporia State University’s online MBA with Marketing Concentration, will give you the knowledge and skills you need to compete. Businesses must succeed in an ever-shifting landscape, so it’s important to pay attention to emerging marketing trends.
Here are six trends expected to dominate the marketing industry in 2019:
- Chatbots: These convenient AI helpers are increasingly used to handle customer service, which is an essential segment of any business. Chatbots embedded in web sites answer questions and fulfill requests quickly and efficiently. A Grand View Research report projects the worldwide chatbot market will grow at an annual rate of 34.2%, reaching $1.25 billion by 2025.
- AI and Machine Learning: More and more businesses will use AI and machine learning to analyze data efficiently, target potential leads quickly, and perform advanced computational tasks. Using AI to monitor and analyze consumers’ online behavior patterns enables companies to identify and engage potential customers.
- Voice Search: Technology changes quickly, and understanding how it can be used to better serve customers helps marketers gain an edge. Analysts at Campaign, for instance, predict that 50% of all web search activity will be conducted via voice search (through Siri, Alexa, Google Home, et cetera). Businesses will likely turn to voice search optimization in their outreach efforts, which means marketing professionals will need to create content accordingly.
- Micro-Moments: Whenever a customer searches, looks for a nearby store, or makes a purchase, marketers can take advantage of these micro-moments to create targeted content and advertising. The ubiquity of smartphones creates more opportunities for marketing professionals to leverage micro-moments, attract consumers’ attention, and fulfill their needs.
- Augmented and Virtual Reality Marketing: One of the major applications used by marketers is augmented reality. It’s a way to bring motionless or artificial environments into a more engaging or realistic experience. Businesses have been using augmented and virtual reality marketing to create brand awareness. While this is not a new strategy, it is expected to trend up in 2019.
- Live Videos: Live content is the fastest growing segment of internet video traffic. It’s effective because it’s free, takes a short time to produce, and offers real-time user engagement. Live streaming content allows marketers to engage with their leads quickly, reach a broader audience, and boost social channel traffic.