- Online Programs
- Business Programs
- Technology Programs
- Education Programs
- Master of Science in Educational Administration
- Master of Science in Curriculum & Instruction – Curriculum Leadership PreK-12
- Master of Science in Curriculum & Instruction – Effective Practitioner PreK-12
- Master of Science in Curriculum & Instruction (C&I) – Instructional CoachTeacher Leader PreK-12
- Master of Science in Curriculum & Instruction (C&I) – National Board Certification PreK-12
- Educational Administration Building-Level Licensure
- View All Programs
- Getting Started
- Apply Now
Dr. Daehyun Moon, Assistant Professor
"This online program offers a greater flexibility and convenience of taking the courses without geographic location constraint. I think self-disciplined and self-motivated students would find the online MAcc program at ESU very effective and valuable."
- PhD in Accounting Information Systems, Rutgers University, 2016
- MBA, Indiana State University, 2006
- BS in Accounting, Indiana University Bloomington, 2003
- Six conference proceedings and presentations
- Currently working on three research papers
- Co-authored a chapter in a book published by AICPA
- Certified CPA in Illinois, having passed the Uniform CPA exam
- Served as an ad hoc reviewer for three academic journals
Which online degree program(s) do you teach?
Which classes do you teach online?
- AC 833: Advanced Auditing
- AC 860: Advanced Accounting Information Systems
What types of projects can your students expect in these courses?
Assignments in these courses mainly consist of case problem-solving, discussions, and chapter quizzes. Students will work on real cases or examples concerning actual events or dilemmas that occurred in real business environments. Students are expected to demonstrate and apply what they have learned in the course to develop solutions to resolve the given issues.
What do students learn in your classes? What is the expected outcome?
Students will learn the professional knowledge base, regulatory standards, and competent technical skills applicable in current accounting information systems (AIS) and auditing practice. In the Advanced AIS course (AC 860), students are introduced to in-depth discussion of the effect of new IT developments and recent regulatory developments on the design and operation of accounting systems.
In the Advanced Auditing course (AC 833), students focus on emerging issues and continuing expectations facing auditors associated with conducting a quality financial statement audit. Students will acquire solid foundations, techniques, and analytical skills to deal with various issues in today's accounting systems and audit environments.
What advice would you give to those considering this online program?
Students with an undergraduate degree can meet the 150-hour requirement for obtaining a CPA license within a year by completing the online MAcc program at ESU. This online program offers a greater flexibility and convenience of taking the courses without geographic location constraint. I think self-disciplined and self-motivated students would find the online MAcc program at ESU very effective and valuable.
What is the value of this degree?
It's a prestigious degree in accountancy.
Why did you start teaching?
As a scholar, I have two important responsibilities: research and teaching. Doing research, I get to learn and discover new facts and ideas and contribute to the relevant literature.
With teaching, I am committed to introducing and passing on the body of knowledge base in the areas of my expertise to my students and to helping them acquire knowledge and skills necessary to be successful in their chosen careers.
What is the one book you think everyone should read?
“Crime and Punishment” by Dostoyevsky